Resources to Teach You About Franchising
From Kim Marinoff and A2B Franchise Consulting
Are you curious about or actively researching franchise opportunities?
As you begin that process, there’s so much you need to know. It can be truly overwhelming.
That’s why I’ve collected these free resources to help you.
Other resources you may find useful include:
American Association of Franchisees & Dealers, Franchisee Bill of Rights
Blue MauMau, The Franchise Owner’s Most Trusted News Source
Franchise Business Review, Ratings and Reviews of Today’s Top Franchise Opportunities
Franchise Dictionary magazine, The ABCs of Franchising
Franchising Disclosures, more than 35,000 current and archived FDDs, UFOCs, and Item 19s
Franchise Grade, The Authority on Franchising
The Franchise Handbook, Franchise business opportunities for entrepreneurs like you
Franchise Times, The News and Information Source for Franchising
International Franchise Association, Building local businesses, one opportunity at a time
I have a number of other valuable resources to share, and I’m happy to provide them to you today, at no cost or obligation.
These four documents each have important information you need to know before you choose a franchise.
- Questions to ask the Franchisor
- Validation Questions to ask Franchise Owners
- 14 CRITERIA of a GREAT Business
- A proforma spreadsheet to help you assess each opportunity’s financial picture
I’ve also created a series of 11 educational videos to help you safely explore franchise opportunities with confidence. Each provides a short, focused summary of exactly what you need to know to choose the right franchise for you. I’ll be posting one each week here on my site and on YouTube, and introducing each with a post on my blog.
The series covers these topics:
- The Role of a Franchise Consultant
- Questions to Ask a Franchisor
- Questions to Ask Existing Franchisees
- Levels of Entry into Franchising
- Understanding a Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD)
- Passive/Semi-Passive Ownership in Franchising
- Homebased vs. Brick/Mortar Franchise
- Startup vs. Established Franchise
- Breakeven Point in a Franchise
- Funding Your Franchise
- Criteria of a Great Franchise
Finally, I’ve written a book on my long career in the franchising world. Stay tuned for details on how to get your copy.
You can also find in-depth information on a variety of topics on my Blog, All About Franchising.
If you don’t find what you’re looking for here, and you have questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out via my Contact page.